Senin, 18 Februari 2013

Sound is balanced again!

Pioneer TS A1675R Series Coaxial Speakers

Pioneer TS A1675R Series Coaxial Speakers

I own a 2000 Honda Accord that has, or rather had, the six speaker factory sound system: a CD player/stereo, a pair of rear deck mounted full range 6 X 9 speakers, a pair of door mounted full range 6 1/2 speakers and a pair of tweeters mounted way up on the dash near the windshield. (These tweeters are part of the front speakers and are wired in parallel with them, by the way.)

Audio-wise, I updated pretty much everything, including the car stereo with a brand new KENWOOD head unit, the rear speakers with a pair of SOUND ORDNANCE 6 X 9 speakers, and the front speakers with a pair of these Pioneer full range 6 1/2 three-way speakers.

As for the tweeters up near the windshield, I left them alone, and both still sound just fine even with these new speakers and KENWOOD stereo.

(I also bought a pair of Metra Honda/Acura Speaker Adapter Harness Connectors, so I didn't have to cut the Accord's factory wire harnesses. Check them out here at AMAZON.)

Installing these speakers in the front doors of my Accord was a breeze. They fit perfectly. The bolt pattern lines up perfectly with the factory mounting bracket. And you don't have to modify or cut anything. The Accord has a mounting bracket made of plastic that surrounds the back of the speaker and acts as a noise suppressor; and these Pioneer speakers are shallow enough (just like the factory ones) where you don't have to modify the bracket by cutting out space for the magnet. KUDOS!!!

As for the sound:

They sound pretty good. I just started listening to them, so I should probably not comment too much as they have not been broken in just yet. But so far, they really compliment the sound coming from the two rear 6 X 9s. The rear speakers pump out some good bass and create some great highs, where these pioneers fill in the mids beautifully. Together, they all create quite a pleasing full sound that's balanced out very well. I couldn't be happier. Highly Recommended!!!

Get your Pioneer TS A1675R Series Coaxial Speakers Now!

8 komentar:

  1. This is really a pleasant departure from the Pioneer TS-G1644R speakers I previously had running in the rear. First, a little backstory: My previous Pioneers were only 2-ways, and as a result, had a weakness in the midrange. When it came to bass and highs, they excelled (compared to the other speakers in that price range). But it was a constant annoyance to have to strain my ears to hear the vocals (which were overshadowed and distorted by the bass). At one point, I had the TS-G1644Rs in both the front and the rear, but I upgraded the front speakers to the Sony XS-GTX1642 speakers (which are 4-ways) to lessen the lack of midrange in my music. It helped a little bit, but even when I sat in the front the midrange sounded rather soft. After blowing 2 speakers in the rear, I decided to upgrade the rear this time. I knew I did not want 2-ways anymore, but Pioneer's speakers have exceptional range although not as good as Pioneer claims. (The TS-G1644Rs have a frequency response more like 40-22,000 Hz.) I found these 3-ways and ordered them. These speakers have a frequency response that's more like 37-25,000 Hz. My Sonys in the front have a frequency response of 50-23,000 Hz.

    I just installed these speakers this afternoon, so I can't comment on their durability just quite yet. However, I noticed that the balance of sound is back in my system. I don't have to struggle to hear the words to songs anymore. In addition, the bass is kicking without being muddied by any competing midrange. The highs also sound a bit more detailed and true (although, being a basshead, I don't have too great of an ear for treble).

    A lot of similar speakers, especially the Polk db651s speakers and the Rockford Fosgate P165 speakers, while at a competing price point around $50, are only 2-way speakers and have more of a chance of having the lows and mids battling each other and causing distortion. Both Polk and Rockford Fosgate are very well-known for making exceptional speakers, but I just wish they would offer some kind of 3-way 6.5-inch speaker (Rockford Fosgate does have speakers like this, but the Prime Series speakers were not what I was looking for, and the Punch Series 3-way has been discontinued, I believe). I'm not saying "the more ways the better" at all. I just feel that an all-in-one speaker like those and these should have at least 3 ways. That way, the speaker focuses on the three key areas of sound (lows, mids, and highs), with each component being dedicated to one key only. Basically, with a 2-way speaker, you have the woofer handling the bass, the tweeter handling the treble, with the midrange being split and shared between the woofer and tweeter. With a 3-way, the woofer handles the lows, the midrange driver handles the mids, and the tweeter takes care of the highs. 4-ways aren't really much better than 3-ways, because you have the woofer's lows, the midrange's mids, and the highs are split between two tweeters.

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are looking for speakers and are willing to sacrifice a little more dough than would be with entry-level speakers, go with this speaker. The frequency response, even realistically, is always the best with Pioneer speakers. This speaker, like nearly all of Pioneer's speakers, is of the slimmest out there, allowing for installation in even the shallowest of locations. These speakers produce satisfying, full-range sound with full bass, clear mids, and accurate treble. I have always found Pioneer's products to be the clear winner to their competitor's similarly-priced products. I also am running these speakers on a Pioneer DEH-150MP headunit, chosen because it blew away the competitors. I am even considering replacing my Sony XS-GTX1642 speakers with the Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way speakers...

    I will update my review if I notice any problems at all!

    BalasHapus
  2. Don't really need to say much. I mean come on, they're pioneers. While they aren't pioneer's top of the line model, for the price, you really can't ask for more. Sound great in my daily driver. Would definitely recommend.

    BalasHapus
  3. The speakers came very fast sounds good so far so good good deal deal deal deal dealdeal deal deal deal

    BalasHapus
  4. These speakers sound fantastic with an aftermarket stereo! They have a little bass, but i think i'm gonna add a sub woofer to add. Overall it was worth the buy.

    BalasHapus
  5. I have only had them for 2 weeks but so far I am very pleased.

    Great set of speakers. Sound excellent. They were fairly simple to install. I will probably purchase another set for the back.

    BalasHapus
  6. I have the earlier models TS-A1684R and I bought these TS-A1685R about a month ago and there are no complaints. I have them hooked to a stock radio head with a pioneer GM-D8604 amp. The sound is amazing! Crisp, clear, even at max volume which can be heard around the block. Very great speakers I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for good sound quality in there car. There good and cheap; this is a bargain.

    BalasHapus
  7. These speakers have a great sound at an affordable price. The bass is deep and the sound is crisp and clear. Great bang for your buck.

    BalasHapus
  8. just installed one to compare against my pioneer 300 watt 6x9. no comparison. Magnet is huge!!! Sounds great without amp can only imagine how it would sound with one.

    BalasHapus