Kamis, 24 Januari 2013

This is the one you want!

Coby CA 745 Wireless Transmitter Cigarette

Coby CA 745 Wireless Transmitter Cigarette

I just recently received this item. Before ordering it, I researched several different FM car transmitters, read literally hundreds of reviews, and felt I was thus making an educated purchase. To begin with, Coby electronics, despite being a brand that prices things amazingly low, is one of the most dependable brands I've EVER used. [I purchased a Coby DVD player 7yrs ago for $40, and it still works perfectly, as well as out-performs many high-priced units.] There are a few details which set this car transmitter apart from most others at any price, making it not only a steal for around $17, but a genuinely great product.

- The first and most notable feature is that it offers a FULL RANGE tuner - meaning you can tune it just like a car stereo to ANY frequency, to find the one that is best for your car and your geographic area. I was astounded, in reading reviews of other transmitters, at how few of them offer this feature, considering that the best station for you can vary depending on where you live (these other products generally offer 5 or 10 preset frequencies, which I've read many reviewers say are mostly active radio stations, and thus useless). Generally speaking, 87.5 is one of the most common dead/empty frequencies nation-wide, making it perfect as a default for most people to tune for use of this product (that's what I'm using). But if you happen to need a different frequency, just click away until you find one that's perfectly empty and VOILA!
- The second feature, which I love, is that the cigarette adadpter (which powers the unit) has an additional port built into it, enabling you to plug you cell phone charger into it just as you would in the car's jack. Some people have said it's a little bulky (it sticks out a just a tiny bit more in order to accomodate that extra power port), but for the quality and convenience of having a second power jack, it's well worth it. The unit does not have a power button - it's on when plugged in, and you turn if off by unplugging it. I prefer this, because it's just not a good habit to leave anything plugged into your car's power adapter when the car is off for more than 30min (no matter what anyone tells you).
I took this out today on a test run, driving a 2 hour circle around the Blue Ridge Mountains, to see how it would fare while driving through the mountains' notoriously frequency-garbling geography, and it performed PERFECTLY. The signal is crystal clear, never once did I get even a blip of static. MOST IMPORTANTLY, as I've read many reviews of different transmitters saying that the sound quality was only "Radio" at best, the Coby unit (which I've got plugged into a 5yr old RCA Lyra mp3 player) was 95% CD/digital quality. And what's best is that, unlike CD's which get scratched, the quality will remain great. No more fumbling around a giant CD wallet while driving, dropping discs, or realizing that even your mix CD's just aren't eclectic enough. Load up your mp3 player and have hours upon hours of digital quality music on hand at the flick of the switch, and at a ridiculously great price. I haven't tried any other transmitters, but there's no reason to bother. BUY THIS

Get your Coby CA 745 Wireless Transmitter Cigarette Now!

2 komentar:

  1. I want to be able to play music from my mp3 player to my car's stereo system. If it's not possible to use the axillary plug, what else can I use?

    BalasHapus
  2. I have a 2003 Mazda 6, but it doesn't have a cassette player or audio jack. I want to play the songs from my iphone, so I need an fm transmitter-- what is the best fm transmitter out there, and what problems should I be concerned about before purchasing one? There are so many mixed reviews out there, I'm not quite sure where to start.

    BalasHapus