Sabtu, 29 Desember 2012

Loud, crisp, clear!

Rockford Fosgate R1693 Full Range Speakers

Rockford Fosgate R1693 Full Range Speakers

I prefer paper woofers any time of the day. Paper woofers sound very natural and have a very nice mid range boom to them. Factory car speakers are ussually made out of paper, and they highlight mid range vocals very well. To those with less audio experience you won't notice the difference between paper woofers and mylar or poly woofer cones, but I can tell the different immedietely. I was worried about these speakers, since my dodge neon had paper cone speakers and paper tweeters that sounded amazing. However, the Dodge Neon speakers were paper and were ruined because of moisture. That is why paper doesn't work good for cone material with automotive use, since there is always moisture in a car.

These Rockford Fosgate 6" x 9"s have a slightly mechanical sound, as do all of the plastic cone woofers. There is less mid range, tight bass, and very high highs. I do miss the mid range sound, but with a little adjusting on an EQ, you can get the sound back. The only mark against these speakers is that they are slightly lacking in the mid range boom that is so noticeable with paper cone woofers. However, this is more of a personal preference thing, than a real blemish against these speakers. There is nothing bad to say about these speakers. They are as tough as any I've used. I can turn them up to maximum volume and the car sounds like it has a subwoofer in it, because these speakers have so much bass, and can handle so much power with ZERO distortion. It is amazing how tough these are. If you are looking for crisp sound, tight bass, and incredible highs, then these speakers will definitely do it. They do not have any distortion at even the highest listening levels, I've not been able to hear any audible bass distortion even with the bass turned up. Very well designed. I'm using them on my rear lid, below the rear window on my 4 door Dodge Neon. They don't have any enclosures, and yet they sound awesome with tight bass. Free air apparently works fine for these!

These are very loud speakers and overwhelm my front speakers with the extreme highs. I wouldn't recommend putting in these speakers on their own, without getting a matched set. The thing is, these have a very sharp tight sound, and that will not merge well with a soft natural sound of front factory speakers. The treble coming from these speakers is hard to miss, so I'd recommend a matched set, with front 6" round speakers for the doors, that way you have a matched sound coming from the front to back, and consequently, much better sound. I have 3 way front speakers, but they are not made by Rockford Fosgate, and the difference in sound between the front and back is slightly annoying to me. However, that's just me. It's a personal preference.

These speakers are built solid and can handle anything you can throw at them. Don't leave them in the sun, because that will ruin the foam surrounds.
Love these! Will probably buy another set of the 6" for the front of my car. I can't imagine finding anything that comes anywhere close to these for the price. Amazing.

Get your Rockford Fosgate R1693 Full Range Speakers Now!

3 komentar:

  1. My gf's factory speakers are blown, I've been out of the car stereos and such for a while..

    BalasHapus
  2. I have a Kicker DX100.2 R 2-Channel 100 Watt Amplifier DX Series and Kicker 11DS46-N Car Audio 4x6" 2-Way 50W DS Series Coaxial Speaker Pair and Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1693 6" x 9" 3-way Full-Range Car Speakers. How would I wire the speakers to the kicker 2 channel 100 watts amplifier?

    BalasHapus
  3. i want to buy some 6x9speakers for my car an was just wondering which are the best ones for sound quality and bass?! only wanting to spend about £50. Also i have got my own cd player in my car so i wont have to buy an amp i will be able to plug them straight into the back of the cd player wont i? Thankyou.

    BalasHapus